1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hatcheries in Canada

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by ChickenCrazy8, Jan 25, 2012.

1. ChickenCrazy8

ChickenCrazy8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2012
    Canada, Ottawa
    My Coop
    I was wondering if anyone has favorite hatcheries that ship to Canada or are in Canada.
    Has anyone heard of Frey's hatchery? I know that Frey's just has mixed breeds so I was wondering what people thought about frey's chicken breeds.
    Thanks,
    Zoƫ

2. fancyfowl4ever

fancyfowl4ever Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    Cranbrook, BC, Canada
    There also is Performance poultry in Ontario. I have heard good and bad reviews from them, they just started up last year I think and the first season was kinda messy from what I have heard.
    There is also a hatchery in Manitoba, Bergs I believe its called( I heard their broilers are really good, they have a small array of fancy breeds too). Then there are Rochester and Millers in Alberta. Another good place is in Saskatchewan - Hidden River Ranch. Private family farm but she has great birds and constantly improving her flocks so you get some really nice birds.
    I have heard of Freys, never ordered from them tho.

I hope this Helps,
    Anna

3. ChickenCrazy8

ChickenCrazy8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2012
    Canada, Ottawa
    My Coop
    Thanks so much [​IMG]

4. Digidude6

Digidude6 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 5, 2012
  5. Shades of Blue

Shades of Blue Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    I bought 16 ready to lay Variety pullets from Frey's in March. They were very nice birds and have been very calm from day one. I ordered the Red-Black-White Variety pullets and got, Columbian X and Black sex-link, Barred Rock and Red Sex-link. The Reds were already laying and the rest started laying over the next 4 weeks. I would order from them again.

6. Digidude6

Jun 5, 2012
    oh cool

Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
  7. Digidude6

Jun 5, 2012
    do they ship?

8. kristamarie

kristamarie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2011
    I ordered from Freys last year and recieved all healthy Red Sex Link girls. they were fantastic. turned into quiet well behaved hens who lay huuuuge eggs. very happy

Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
  9. Digidude6

Jun 5, 2012
    yaaayy

10. arpyhh

arpyhh Out Of The Brooder

I am getting my girls from Frey's, I'm a Nervous Nellie over here waiting for them to arrive next week. I have to tell you, that your post made me feel so much better about the whole process.
    Thank you!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by