1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hatcheries that offer free shipping!

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Red Barn Farms, Jun 3, 2012.

1. Red Barn Farms

Red Barn Farms ~Friendly Fowl~

Apr 12, 2012
    Kentucky Heartland
    Has anyone ever ordered from this hatchery? I'm thinking about it but not completely decided.

http://www.healthychicksandmore.com/

If you know of any other hatcheries that offer free shipping please post links to this thread.

2. hexabob

hexabob Out Of The Brooder

May 22, 2012
    Central TX
  3. Oregon Blues

Oregon Blues Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2011
    Central Oregon
    You understand that the shipping is not free, right? They add the shipping onto the price of the individual chick.

So, if you are price shop[ping, you must add up the cost of the chicks and add the cost of the shipping. then you compare that to the cost of the chicks with the "free" shipping to see which is a better deal.

4. Fred's Hens

Fred's Hens Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

X2 No such thing as "free". We've all mailed stuff at the Post Office and/or UPS. It's pricey. It's gotta be paid, one way or the other. Add it up and get the total. That is the true amount we pay, item(s)+shipping=total. Just compare totals and you'll be just fine.

5. Red Barn Farms

Red Barn Farms ~Friendly Fowl~

Apr 12, 2012
    Kentucky Heartland
    Yes, true the more I've looked into these so called 'Free shipping' hatcheries I've seen the bigger price markup on the chicks.

I've finally found someone close by just being a county over who is hatching today and tomorrow! YES! We're going to pick out some Barred Rocks, Dominique's, RIR's and Welsummers! I'd like about 4 of each.

6. Vamvakas

Vamvakas Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2011
    North Branford, CT
    The few sites I seen with "free shipping" the price for the chicks are a rip off, but if you think about it, it's the same as shipping so they're still making a profit for shipping and of course they will only do 25+ chick min so they wont break even or lose cash.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2012
  7. DexMex

DexMex New Egg

May 4, 2015
    I ordered 15 female Australorp chicks from Purely Poultry for $45 total with their "free shipping" special. I agree with what the others said about comparing prices. But sometimes you will run across a free shipping special.

8. cpotter

cpotter New Egg

May 11, 2016
    Hoovershatchery.com

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by