Hatcheries with bantam Wyandottes?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by notsoencrypted, Apr 11, 2019.

1. notsoencrypted

notsoencrypted In the Brooder

Apr 11, 2019
    Wisconsin
    Hello!

I'm only in the early stages of research, but I've been looking at hatcheries just to kind of get an idea of what there is out there. Since I'm in town, I'm really more interested in bantams, but I looove Wyandottes, especially the silver laced and gold laced. <3 Their mostly chill personality and their cold-hardiness is the true appeal.

Anyway, in doing research, I've found places that have Colombian and Buff Colombian bantams, but it's been harder to find my preferred color choices. I'm just wondering if folks here have silver laced or gold laced Wyandotte bantams, and if so, where you got them from. In addition, I'd love to know about what size they have ended up being (in relation to which hatchery they came from). I've heard a variety of numbers from different hatcheries, so I'm curious!

Thank you so much for your time!

2. Cyprus

Cyprus Master of the 'never give up' attitude

Jan 19, 2018
    SE Wisconsin
    My Coop
    My Pet Chicken and Ideal Hatchery have bantam wyandottes.

anderstr196 and Nats Chickens like this.
  3. Nats Chickens

Nats Chickens Crowing

Jun 20, 2018
    NSW, Australia
    My Coop
    Try online hatcheries, you guys in America can mail order chicks.

4. Acre4Me

Acre4Me Crowing

Nov 12, 2017
    Western Ohio
    You can search NPIP breeders and hatcheries by state:

http://www.poultryimprovement.org/statesContent.cfm

They use stock codes (listed on left side of link), Here are the codes for Bantam Wyandottes (there different codes for regular sized chickens) Bantam stock codes all start with a "W":

Screen Shot 2019-04-11 at 8.40.25 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-04-11 at 8.40.34 PM.png

aart and notsoencrypted like this.
  5. notsoencrypted

notsoencrypted In the Brooder

Apr 11, 2019
    Wisconsin
    Excellent; thank you so much!

Acre4Me likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: