Hatcheries

Rocky Red

Hatching
10 Years
Feb 9, 2009
Does anyone have a favorite hatchery to purchase from? I've only used Murray McMurray. I know other who like Cackles. Who would you suggest? I do not buy show birds. Just layers and meat birds.

I like Meyer and Welp.
Ideal has been okay.
Never will I order from Xtreme again. That was the worst experience and horrid service. Ordered all pullets and half turned out to be roos and didn't get credited for them!

I have another order due in from Welp again this year. They have been really great.

I am partial to sterling meadows hatchery!!! heya TORI!!!!
wink.png

just bought from Ideal and had 15 chicks not make the trip. they instantly refunded money to me for the chicks that were lost.

I like Cackle. My mom works at a feed store and they sell chicks from Cackle every year, and out of the hundreds they usually only have about 1-2 birds die...
But then again we do live kinda close
hmm.png

I had some problems with Estes Hatchery in Missouri, however I have had good luck with Ideal, although they have always been a bit pricey for me. I have had good luck repeatedly with Belt Hatchery in however they went up on thier prices as well. I have found that my local feed store is the best place to get chicks nowadays.

I just put in an order with Cackle. I had good luck with McMurray last year, but just read some bad reviews about folks who bought Rhode Island Reds and they ended up having wierd twisted legs!

Since Rhode Island Reds are what I wanted to buy, I was leary. So we'll see what Cackle has to offer
wink.png
I'll share my experience as soon as my chicks arrive!

Back
Top Bottom