Hatcheries!!!

DuckMan50

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jul 23, 2011
I alread have ducks and chickens and thinking about getting geese. what is the cheapest hatchery to buy geese close to pennsylvania???

I'm in Western NY so have used Meyer Hatchery in Ohio with good success, but I think you may have trouble finding geese this late in the season. I tried to buy goslings the end of May and every hatchery I contacted was sold out for the year. Hope you can find some goslings someplace because they are really unique. Perhaps it was just because I was looking for Pilgrims. Maybe Craigslist or a local person in your area may have some young stock for sale. Good luck to you!

I ordered a sexed pair of Toulouse geese from Ideal and am very happy - especialy since Ideal said it was the last hatch of geese for the year.

Geese are so much more "seasonal" layers than chickens, so it might be very hard to find any babies this time of year. Good luck!

If cheap is your only criteria, you might keep an eye on Craigslist. Lots of people get geese and then decide they don't like them and try to sell them. They will be cheap, or even free.

Do you have chicken swaps in your area? You can check there...if not the fall fairs are coming up..good luck on your goose search..
Dawn

Back
Top Bottom