Hatcheries

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Lone Wolf, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2013
    I know there are lots of posts about hatcheries but I wanted to know I if I could get all the breeds I want in all of the colors I want from one hatchery or if I would need to order from a few different hatcheries.

Naked Neck (a few colors)
    OEGB (I love all of the colors Ideal has)
    Wyandottes (GL and SL)
    Brahmas
    Polish
    Phoenix
    Plymouth Rock
    Orpington
    I know it a lot of breeds [​IMG]
    Any info would be very helpful!
    [​IMG]

2. Vamvakas

Vamvakas Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2011
    North Branford, CT
    Could try McMurray they have like all these breeds, I'm pretty sure. Good thing you want naked necks cause I love them!

3. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2013
    At first I didn't know what to think of them but now I love them! [​IMG]

4. myfinefeatheredfriends

myfinefeatheredfriends Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2011
    Ohio
    I really like strombergschickens.com. They have a huge selection of chickens including bantam Phoenixes in a few different colors (one of very few hatcheries I know of that carries them) and are usually very willing to take requests. Their prices I think include shipping, or they used to at least.

5. TexasVet

TexasVet Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2008
    Willis TX
    You can find a list of hatcheries by state here: http://www.countrychickens.com/country_chickens_4_003.htm

I have ordered from several different hatcheries and always been happy with the birds. However, the less time they're in the mail, the better off they are, so when possible order from the closest hatchery.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by