Hatchery assorted breeds?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by geckolas, Feb 23, 2013.

1. geckolas

geckolas Out Of The Brooder

Aug 2, 2012
    Tampa, FL
    I just recieved 27 hatchery chicks. While I have figured out most, I was stumped on the following. Any help would be appreciated :)

I'm clueless on because of the brown spot on its head.

[​IMG]

And could these be Brahmas?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
  2. Chickenfan4life

Chickenfan4life Overrun With Chickens

Aug 28, 2012
    Planet No

3. geckolas

Aug 2, 2012
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks you so much. I hope you are right about the second picture- I wanted a Cochin! The hatchery that I got these chicks from doesn't sell game hens and its one of my largest chicks (the angle of the photo makes it seem small). I took another look at the feathers and its not all white. Golden buff?
    [​IMG]

4. geckolas

Aug 2, 2012
    Tampa, FL
    And I hope you don't think that I'm trying to disagree with you. Everyone on this forum is more of an expert than I am. I am just trying to provide a little more information about the mystery chick which frankly could be anything. :)

5. Chickenfan4life

Chickenfan4life Overrun With Chickens

Aug 28, 2012
    Planet No
    I'm not offended at all. :) If you can post pics of them in a few months, I will be able to give you a more educated answer.

1 person likes this.
  6. BlazeJester

BlazeJester Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2011
    Midway, GA
    My TSC had chicks last year that looked like your white one with the spot. They were a leghorn/australorp cross laying machine breed - leghorn white dominant with some random black leakage. So your chick could be a leghorn cross production breed.

7. geckolas

Aug 2, 2012
    Tampa, FL
    Okay. Now I'm thinking Delaware. If I look really closely, I can almost see some eyeliner. And like I mentioned before, the new feathers are coming in slightly salt and pepper looking.

Or a Leghorn.

Or non of the above ;) I love a good mystery.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by