Hatchery Closest to New Hampshire

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by purpletree23, Oct 22, 2009.

1. purpletree23

purpletree23 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2009
    I would like to get some chicks for my poor broody hen who has been sitting on her eggs but I'm not sure they are going to hatch. I would like to get her a few chicks but I am concerned about the cold weather. I'm sure there are a lot of hatcheries out there that I've heard of and maybe someone can help me.

What is the closest hatchery to New Hampshire? I want the little guys/gals to get here safely.

Thanks in advance.[​IMG]

2. TipsyDog

TipsyDog Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2009
    Aregua, Paraguay
    I'm not really sure. I've used Meyers in Ohio. There is also HyLine in PA. Try a google search, but most hatcheries are closing up or slowing down for the winter season now.

3. REINABUGY

REINABUGY Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2009
    Upstate New York
    My Pet Chicken In Connecticut

4. TipsyDog

May 14, 2009
    Aregua, Paraguay
    Quote:I'm pretty sure MPC is a drop-ship supplier. They take the orders and send out from other hatcheries. I know they have used Meyers.

5. Shannon's Chix

Shannon's Chix Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2009
    N.E. Florida
    Nature's Hatchery is in Illinois I think, but they are year round and will ship as few as two chicks and have those heat pack thingies that keeps the box around 98 degrees for several days...

Good luck!

6. purpletree23

May 15, 2009
    As usual you guys are AWESOME! I called a hatchery in PA but they only sell 25 chicks at a time this time of year. I had no idea My Pet Chicken was in Connecticut. They open at 10am and I'm going to give them a call. Thanks again to everyone. My girl is going to get babies if it kills me. I'm so happy I can't stand it![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. purpletree23

May 15, 2009
    ARRRRGH! My Pet Chicken has it's offices in Connecticut and the chicks are mailed from Ohio. There is a minimum of 5 chicks now because of the cold weather.

8. TipsyDog

May 14, 2009
    Aregua, Paraguay
    Quote:Yup. That's what I meant when I said MPC is a drop-ship company. They usually use Meyers in Ohio. You can call Meyers directly get a small order. I got chicks from Meyers and I'm very happy with them. I'm not sure they have too many in stock this time of year. Let me know if they do - I might order some myself. They were very well packaged with a heat pack when I got them, but it was back in May.

9. The Sheriff

The Sheriff Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    Put a listing on Craigslist to see if anyone in your area has any new chicks. Maybe someone has some going in an incubator and they don't know what they are going to do if all of them hatch. Ask me how I know this???????? [​IMG]

Mary

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by