Hatchery Duckumentary

did you see the little duckling get its head squished when he cloesed the door?
sad.png

thanks for sharing

He did have the door open for a while during filming.... I guess those bigger commercial incubators are a lot different to the little ones we use in our homes! I just thought it was interesting as out here we dont have so many of the big hatcheries like there is in the USA. I have been to one here..But I only saw the areas where they prepare the eggs before incubation and the brooder sections for after hatching.

This is interesting. BTW I've read the the incubator rooms at commercial hatcheries have an average temperature of 85-95 degrees. Those machines really heat up the small room around them because they have to let a certain amount of air in and out so the ducks wont suffocate. Also the farm featured was Metzer Farms in Gonzales California. I thought it was interesting that they used pipes with water nipples for their ducks. I always thought those are only good for chickens. I really understand why they use them. Water is short and expensive where they are at. Even the farmers around there use recycled sewage water. I used to live in that area, but never went to Metzer Farms. Well back then I did not have the land to own ducks, and we did no own the house either.

The story about the couple having "sexual performance" issues was a little random!
lol.png

I've never read anything about duck eggs being good for....that.
big_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I really enjoyed the piece. I felt kinda bad for all those ducks all squeezed together, but I guess people like us buy them so it makes it all worth while. I wonder what the guy needed 40,000 eggs for?

Back
Top Bottom