Hatchery Eggs?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by cherndon712, Jan 31, 2008.

1. cherndon712

cherndon712 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2008
    WY
    Has anybody gotten eggs from Ideal hatchery or Valentine Hatchery? They have breeds I want and can't seem to find!

2. rosyposyosy

rosyposyosy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2007
    :mad: I ordered from Ideal. 3 weeks ago (broody was getting angry!) . I ended up canceling the order and looking more local. They were really rude on the phone.

3. cherndon712

Jan 1, 2008
    WY
    Why did they get rude, I wonder...

4. BantyChickMom

BantyChickMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2007
    Henderson, NC
    cherndon, what breeds are you looking for?

5. cherndon712

Jan 1, 2008
    WY
    There were several varieties of marans and blue orpingtons

6. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    I would post in the BSTG forum if you want hatching eggs. Usually you will get a better deal here, and better birds than from a hatchery.

7. cherndon712

Jan 1, 2008
    WY
    There were silver and blue splash marans at valentine hatchery, I haven't even SEEN them...But I'll post there too! Thanks!

8. rosyposyosy

rosyposyosy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2007
    Quote:Well they called and told me all the eggs i asked for they didn't have, the day that they were supposed to ship. I continued to ask what breeds were laying, and they would never give me a solid answer. So I was naming off breeds and breeds, nada. She just treated me like I was stupid. I asked if any bantams were laying (on the website they say they aren't available) and she said "Yes, they are. What would you like?" I said, "an assortment please". Somehow the order was $3 more than it was originally, but I only complained after it had been 2 weeks with no eggs...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by