1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hatchery Info

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by leslie0815, Feb 2, 2008.

1. leslie0815

leslie0815 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Georgia
    I haven't had alot of luck finding silkies in my area so I am going to get some from a hatchery. Can anyone reccomend a hatchery for obtaining silkies. I live in Georgia.

2. AtRendeAcres

AtRendeAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2007
    Clarion County
  3. leslie0815

leslie0815 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Georgia
    Thanks ...but there aren't any in Georgia, or close to me.

4. debashan

debashan Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2007
    Oquawka, IL
    I just got the new Cackle Hatchery catalog and they have a # of Silkies and Polish, in many colors. I use them and have had excellent success. They are in Missouri.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2008
  5. Florida chick

Florida chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2008
    Hatchery birds esp Silkies seem to be such poor quality. I would try buying hatching eggs and grow your own.[​IMG]

6. Cathlina

Cathlina Out Of The Brooder

Jan 11, 2007
    Texas Transplant
    If you want Show Quality you will are better off to get them from a private person but if you just want some good quality and some of them will have vaulted skulls the best hatchery is Ideal. I have seen lots of them from different hatcheries and Ideal were the best out of them all.

[​IMG]

7. bartryon

bartryon Out Of The Brooder

Jan 17, 2008
    can i ask a question
    i pick up some silkies this summer and just two hours ago they have chicks!!
    what do i feed them?

8. chickenranchwife

chickenranchwife Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Bartryon, You can feed them chick starter. Good luck with them, and enjoy them fuzzy butts! Show us pics.

Leslie, Check with Dipsy or Bama they have hatching eggs for sale. I ordered from McMurray. They have a website and so does Cackle.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by