Hatchery recomendations for shipment to Central Georgia

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by leslie0815, Feb 1, 2008.

1. leslie0815

leslie0815 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Georgia
    I have decided to take the plunge and order chicks this year but I am not sure who to use. Can someone give me some recomendations since I live in South Central Georgia. Thanks for any help ya'll can give.

2. 2dream

2dream Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2008
    Jackson MS
    Opinions vary on that. I think Ideal Poultry, McMurry Hatchery and Cackle Hatchery are generally used because they seem to have the largest varity. I ordered from Ideal because they are BYC supporters and because they had the 3 three different types I wanted. I don't have my chicks yet. But they will arrive soon.
    One of the forum members put together a list of Hatcheries. Here is a link.
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=2969-Hatcheries

Happy Chickie Shopping

3. mattmatts-momma

mattmatts-momma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2008
    I ordered mine from Ideal Hatchery, they are in Texas. I haven't received mine yet. I am supposed to get them in about 2 weeks. I have read lots of good things about them and they were very friendly when I called. I chose Ideal because they are in the South US and so am I (Coastal Georgia). I am hoping it won't be too cold when they are shipped out to me.

4. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    I am from Georgia (in va now). I had always gotten my chicks from McMurray and didn't have the least bit of problems.

5. featherfooted

featherfooted Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Georgia
    I'm in middle Georgia and I've ordered from Ideal. I've never had any problems and they are very friendly. All have arrived in 1 or 2 days.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by