hatchery shamos any1.

isaacearlg

Songster
10 Years
May 11, 2009
Houston,TX
i was wondering who here or anyone has ordered shamos from a hatchery and how they look. I dont plan on getting any because i know its all a bunch of junk.but but i was just wondering

Whew - For a moment I thought you were interested in them. I was about to say you're 90% likely to get some crossbred bird that looks nothing like a Shamo. Hatcheries tend not to have the patience for an Oriental Gamefowl because they don't lay enough eggs. Look at what they did to Malgache. And, I can't believe they actually claim to have Thais!
roll.png

I think anyone who would order Shamos from a hatchery are just curious as to what Shamos are - Most people looking for Orientals go for breeders, even though they spend an arm and a leg for them. They're so worth it.
love.gif

yeah iwas curious and was suprised at first when i realized a true bird is a good $600(12+ pounds) at least.compared to a $25 hatchery bird.

You need to talk with prariechiken, he's a member on byc (and some other places). He's usually got some shamo for sale in the fall. Not sure if he does the hatching eggs thing, though. His are not hatchery stock.
wink.png

i already have someone iplan on buying some o-shamos from.im not going to settle for anything under 36" tall.peaople dont do the hatching egg thing because shamos take so long to develop and the first 5-6 months are crucial.Parent raised birds are the best.

Quote:
You will find most Shamo do not reach 36" inches, but most are around 26-30" from what i've seen.. A Shamo master (i consider her) has always told me these words "With Shamo height and weight do not matter, to correctly breed Shamo you should focus on their spirit and temperament, never looks." I'm not sure how tall her birds are but she said that most of her birds do not top 10 or so pounds, most are in the 7.5-8 range and she said this is the preferred weight in Japan as well (which she strives to breed her birds exactly as the Japanese who created them, as no one knows better).

I think if you wanted large-large birds, the place to look is Malays.

-Daniel.

Last edited:
We raise Shamo and they are the most beautiful tall birds I have ever seen, a friend of mine calls ours birdzillas lol we do sell chicks and hatching eggs. Very nice stock, I will have to ask my friend where hers originated, I know it was not a hatchery cause mine are very nice and I got mine from her.

Quote:
You will find most Shamo do not reach 36" inches, but most are around 26-30" from what i've seen.. A Shamo master (i consider her) has always told me these words "With Shamo height and weight do not matter, to correctly breed Shamo you should focus on their spirit and temperament, never looks." I'm not sure how tall her birds are but she said that most of her birds do not top 10 or so pounds, most are in the 7.5-8 range and she said this is the preferred weight in Japan as well (which she strives to breed her birds exactly as the Japanese who created them, as no one knows better).

I think if you wanted large-large birds, the place to look is Malays.

-Daniel.

a lot of people like the smaller shamos for fighting reasons due to their agility plus feed cost.and what not, but the bigger ones are hard to find. but i know what you mean.her shamos would be considered chu shamos .i prefer o-shamos at 12+ pounds.

Back
Top Bottom