Hatchery suggestions? ones that can mail less than 10 are preferred...

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by XilverAngel, Dec 6, 2010.

1. XilverAngel

XilverAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2009
    Does anyone know any reliable hatcheries that will allow you to order less than 10 at once? i do not wish to order as much as 25 like you need to on mcmurray because i dont have a permit, and i believe that over 6 would be too much... any suggestions? i know about mypetchicken and mcmurray...any others? all help is appreciated! [​IMG]

2. BigIslandChicks

BigIslandChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2010
    ideal hatchery will let you order less than 25 chicks the min. order is $25 ...and they will charge $7x for a small box fee, also other fees for different breeds,sex etc... plus shipping. they only do a few breeds in winter. i forget where they are based out of...there are probably more out there but my chicken guy that i get most of my birds from gets from ideal and has not had a problem that i know of. we live in hawaii so the chickies fly a long way and do fine. goodluck. hope this helps a little. aloha [​IMG]

3. BarredBuff

BarredBuff Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2009
    My Pet Chicken does.

4. Meyer Hatchery

Meyer Hatchery Out Of The Brooder

May 21, 2010
    Polk, Ohio
    We, Meyer Hatchery, can ship as few as 3 chicks anywhere in the US. Check us out at www.meyerhatchery.com

5. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    I have 2 words CACKLE HATCHERY!!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by