1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hatchery sultans...any pics??

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by IwannaBEaMERMAID, Jan 6, 2010.

1. IwannaBEaMERMAID

IwannaBEaMERMAID Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 28, 2009
    Beverly Hills, CA
    i rreeallllly want sultans i have seem pretty ones here...and them there are those chickens, u know the ones that im talking about (ugly ones) if u have pics of your hatchery sultans can u post them please. im going to order them from IDEAL

2. ThePolishPrincess

ThePolishPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

My current girl, Rosaline, is from Meyer Hatchery. As for the 'ugly ones', the majority of the birds from hatcheries will be like that, sadly. I think I lucked out with Roz, but from what I've seen, they mostly seem to acquire small crests and not very heavy face-feathering. Luck of the draw.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fuzzy, my deceased male from McMurray Hatchery, who IMO, didn't have very good genes. But he was a sweetie, none the less.

[​IMG]

A bit older, and moulting:

[​IMG]

3. Tonopah Pati

Tonopah Pati Rest in Peace 1938-2011

Mar 24, 2009
    Tonopah, Arizona
    I love my Sultan. He is a proud bird and knows he is Handsome. I can't wait to get the girls.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by