Hatchery surprise !

rehdancer

Songster
Apr 2, 2019
Northern Wisconsin
Is there a chart anywhere that shows what different chicken breeds look like as chicks? I cannot find one anywhere online. I am on the brink of getting some chicks (coop is in the making) and my local feed store has chicks indicated as hatchery surprise, meaning they haven't a tiny clue what breeds they're selling.
Any suggestions welcome, and thanks !

Is there a chart anywhere that shows what different chicken breeds look like as chicks? I cannot find one anywhere online. I am on the brink of getting some chicks (coop is in the making) and my local feed store has chicks indicated as hatchery surprise, meaning they haven't a tiny clue what breeds they're selling.
Any suggestions welcome, and thanks !
Some hatcheries also sell "surprise" mixes so it could be from one of those. If you know which hatchery they use it might help narrow down the possibilities, and then yes there are a lot of pictures available for chicks of different breeds and ages.

I was about to post the Meyer's link as well. Keeping in mind that that's only one hatchery. Find out where your feed store bought their chicks and that can help narrow down the guesses.

Back
Top Bottom