Hatchery that ship a small number of DUCKS

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Anny, Apr 19, 2009.

1. Anny

Anny Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    Detroit Michigan
    I've noticed alot of hatchery have a way to order a small number of chickens, but I've only seen one so far that offers a way to order a small number of ducks. (http://www.metzerfarms.com/ has a min. of 2)

Also has anyone ordered from Metzer farms? What so you think of their quality and such. Thank you.

2. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
  3. Anny

Anny Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    Detroit Michigan
    Does that mean $25 of just ducks and chickens or $25 including things like,and books and stuff?

4. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Quote:I'm not sure. All it says is a $25 order minimum. So, I'm going to guess and say yeah.

5. OSUman

OSUman GO BUCKS

Apr 17, 2009
    Central Illinois
    it says in their order policy
    There is no minimum number of chicks you can order as long as your total order of poultry is $25.00, not including shipping and handling.

If your order consist of a very small number of items (less than the equivalent of a quarter of a box) there may be male chicks placed in the box for warmth or comfort during shipping. The breed of chicks included varies from order to order and unfortunately we are unable to identify the breed. If you do not wish for us to include males in your order, you may choose to purchase insurance for your shipment at a minimal cost.
    SMALL ORDER CHARGE: For ship orders of less than one full box, add $7.00 handling charge and for ship orders between one and two full boxes, add $2.00 handling charges.​

Last edited: Apr 19, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by