hatchery with cornish X

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by ltlchicken, Nov 10, 2008.

1. ltlchicken

ltlchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2008
    i've called around my usual hatcheries and everyone says not till december. does anyone know someone who can send some chicks this week? thanks.

2. rubyv67

rubyv67 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 17, 2008
    Daggett,CA
    Redwing hatchery in lancaster,Ca.They don't have a website, but she hatches year round. Min 25 chicks.Has Cornish X she sends out on Wednesdays. Here's the # 661-946-2830 [​IMG]

3. jaku

jaku Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Check here- http://www.townlinehatchery.com/

It's
    out of Zeeland, MI. I bought mine from them this fall when no one else was shipping for a couple months. Their paper flier says they ship all winter, but I didn't check much on their website. They call them The Hubbard White Mountain Broiler, but it's the same thing. Very good with shipping, and good growth/survival rate so far- I butcher mine next week.

4. CK Chickadilly

CK Chickadilly Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2008
    West Michigan
    Quote:Check here- http://www.townlinehatchery.com/

It's
    out of Zeeland, MI. I bought mine from them this fall when no one else was shipping for a couple months. Their paper flier says they ship all winter, but I didn't check much on their website. They call them The Hubbard White Mountain Broiler, but it's the same thing. Very good with shipping, and good growth/survival rate so far- I butcher mine next week.

That is close enough to home....how long do you keep them before butchering? I mean how old are they when you butcher them?

5. Lazy J Farms Feed & Hay

Lazy J Farms Feed & Hay Chillin' With My Peeps

We keep our White Broilers until 8 to 9 weeks of age. We provide ad libitum access to feed and water along with adequated ventilation.

We use a feed conversion projection of 2.1 for our birds. We sell "Broiler Packages" at our Feed Store which consists of 50 chicks and 600 lb of feed.

Jim

Last edited: Nov 10, 2008
  6. becky3086

becky3086 Crested Crazy

Oct 14, 2008
    Thomson, GA
    Ideal hatchery is still selling those.

7. idealpoultry

idealpoultry Official BYC Community Sponsor

Sep 25, 2007
    Cameron, TX
    We (Ideal) have some available on November 19th. Give us a call at 254-697-6677 ext 5400 to place your order.

Teri,
    Ideal

8. ltlchicken

ltlchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2008
    thank you. i was able to find 100 for delivery next week at 98 cents including shipping. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by