Hatchery with nicest Easter Eggers?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by KyBlue, Nov 25, 2009.

1. KyBlue

KyBlue Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2008
    Southeastern KY
    I am planning on ordering a few EE pullets this spring. I've noticed a lot of variation in the pics on BYC of hatchery EEs. Who has the prettiest or best looking Easter Eggers and which hatchery has the largest EEs? Pics would be great!

2. Sillystunt

Sillystunt Master of the Silly

Jul 11, 2008
    Winter Haven, FL
    you really don't know what your gonna get with EE's since they are mixed. I think any hatchery would do~

3. KyBlue

Dec 13, 2008
    Southeastern KY
    I realize that there is going to be a lot of variation since they are EEs, but I have noticed some pics in the past of some really pretty birds. I especially like those with a little blue coloring in them. I have a few EE hens from Mt. Healthy that are good green-egg layers- but they're not the most attractive girls in the coop.

4. Sillystunt

Sillystunt Master of the Silly

Jul 11, 2008
    Winter Haven, FL
    maybe local breeders who have the blue line in them. hatcheries you get whatever they have.

5. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

Here are some of mine from Ideal Poultry:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. KyBlue

Dec 13, 2008
    Southeastern KY
    Thanks, Cats Critters! [​IMG]

Those are some pretty birds. Your EE roo is gorgeous!

7. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I'm disappointed in a couple of my EEs... I was hoping for green egg layers... and got light cream and tan with two of them.

8. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

Thanks, I ordered him a girl but as you can see that did not turn out to be true. [​IMG]
    Also all three girls lay green eggs.(don't have a picture of the third but she looks a lot like the girl in the 1st picture)

Last edited: Nov 25, 2009
  9. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    I have a splash ameraucana roo in with some black marans and a brownred (black with red tinted head and breast) turken hen. ALL the babies are guaranteed to hatch out blue or blue based. All the ones hatched out so far also had beards and pea combs, which means they should lay green eggs. Because of the marans breeding, the eggs will be deep mossy green most likely.

10. duck walk

duck walk Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2009
    white springs, fl
    I got some really nice ones from MPC and McMurry...will try to post some photos...[​IMG]

a solid white with no beard or muffs from McMurry

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 25, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by