hatchery

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by flood1964, Dec 5, 2010.

1. flood1964

flood1964 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 28, 2010
    Has anyone ever ordered from Hodges Hatchery? I am interested in their lavender Orpington.

2. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Would they by any chance go by the name Hodges Poultry? Because I can't find any info on them besides where the business is located. Maybe someone else knows, but honestly, if I were looking for Lavender Orpingtons, I'd be very careful as to who I get them from. They are still a work in progress color of Orpington, so there's a lot of people who just buy them and breed them for color and money (they usually go for a lot of money) without care as to how the actual Orpington part of them is coming along. [​IMG]

3. HBuehler

HBuehler Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2009
    Lebanon TN
    Hodges Poultry has pretty decent stock.They will tell you exactly where their birds come from.Many of the more rare breeds and colors are Greenfire stock including the lav Orp.We have some of their BLRW which are what I figured they would be knowing the lines they came from.The Blue Ameraucana's come from Jean's birds.We have several breeds of their birds here. Overall pleased with their stock but no unrealistic expectations on the project color birds but good stock to work with as well. Don't care who you buy from if you want a good flock it's all cull cull cull.

4. flood1964

flood1964 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 28, 2010
    Thanks for the info!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by