Hatcherys with calls?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by DUCKGIRL89, Aug 8, 2011.

1. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    I want calls ducks soooo bad but I can not seem to find any hatcherys with them in stock! I could use some help thanks!

2. lovesgliders

lovesgliders Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2011
    Maine
    I was told that calls don't ship well. efowl.com is the only hatchery off the top of my head that does sell them, but they appear to be sold out. [​IMG] It's getting to be a hard time of year for finding ducklings. I personally am dying for a pair of goslings but I am going to have to wait 'till spring.

I'd recommend checking locally (Craiglist, bulletin boards, ask around feed stores, etc.).

3. duckluv

duckluv Overrun With Chickens

Aug 20, 2010
    Ohio
    Really, I think they are too delicate as ducklings to be shipped, but a BYCer (linda_zeagler31002) sells eggs and adults. efowl.com is the only hatchery that sells ducklings, but I've heard bad things about them so I wouldn't recommend buying from them.

4. DUCKGIRL89

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Quote:Thanks I pmed her right away. I want a pair of magpie calls soooo its not even funny but I laugh anyway lol. I did see efowl.com I was going to order some pastel or black calls for next year but I read that lots of people got theres dead so I was going to go with eggs. But after I saw what you said I was going to ask my mom if she would drive me down to get a pair but I dont think she will. Do you know if she ships adults or not? Thanks
    Madison

5. Oregon Blues

Oregon Blues Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2011
    Central Oregon
    I know of hatcheries that raise them, but won't ship any of the bantam ducks as ducklings. They will ship adults, if you don't mind the huge cost.

You'd be better off buying from a private breeder who breeds to the show standard. I would be afraid that hatchery Calls wouldn't look much like Call ducks.

6. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    It is not good to try and ship calls. Not fare to you the buyer or to the ducklings as they just don't travel well at all. If you can find someone near you to get ducklings from it is a good option. We have several local buyers who have picked up already and others coming next week for their ducklings. Otherwise it will be Sept/Oct before they ship out.

Shellie

7. critterranch

critterranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2010
    Red Creek, New York
    johnson's waterfowl 36882 160th ave. n.e.
    middle river , minnesota 56737

1-218-222-3556

calls are 5.00-8.00 straight run

no website call for free catolog
    they sell alot of different ducks and geese

min order on calls is 15

8. DUCKGIRL89

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Never mind I found a pair for sale. But thank you any way

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by