hatching 10/19 - 10/20 ????

monita

Songster
10 Years
Oct 6, 2009
Shelbyville, Tennessee
is anyone due to hatch the 19th or 20th of this month? my hen started setting on the evening of sept 28th so my eggs should start hatching late on the 19th at the soonest. anyone else due to hatch round this time?

I'm due those days, but mine are in an incubator. Good Luck
smile.png
fl.gif

So far so good on mine end. I have 4 more days until I lockdown, and don't touch the incubator.
gig.gif

Bluemoon

mine are in an incubator too. i guess i failed to mention that my hen abandoned nest. had to bring the eggs in and put them in a home made bator for a few days until i could get a real bator. got LG still air and still have 6 eggs out of 11 tho i think 1 of them has quit. so right now i am only sure of 5 eggs. the chicks in them are VERY active.

Ahhh, I was unsure of my blue and green eggs. I wasn't able to see anything at first. I marked those, and have been checking them every few days, or when the bator needs a little water. They are finally at the point where I can see veins
smile.png
I'm glad I waited and didn't toss them. So, 4 more days until lockdown, and hopefully everything else goes right. This is my first time hatching eggs.

Bluemoon

5 more days until Lockdown for me! I can't wait for hatch day...lol. my first hatch as well. good luck on your hatch too. how many are you hatching and what breed? i am hatching mutt eggs. standard size RIR Roo x BBRed OEGB hen. can't wait to see what they look like and what size they will be.

We lost our EE roo two weeks ago. We decided to hatch some of his favorite girl's eggs. He was a great roo, very gentle with his girls, very alert. When they were ready to lay, he would show them the best spots in the coop, and stay with them.

So, we have in the incubator, eggs from his favorite EE girls ( Merle, and Sarah), His favorite Isa brown ( Greta ), and the two RIR ( Ruby, and Rhonda). I'm sure whatever hatches from the EE eggs will be pretty looking birds. Both the girls are pretty. I'm not sure what the Isa, and RIR chicks will look like.
gig.gif

Here's a pic of Gandalf...

26177_the_new_flock_211.jpg

Bluemoon

Thanks Laney
smile.png
We sure do miss him. He was a great rooster to have around. His girl Sarah still hangs around the coop calling for him. Those two were attached at the hip from day one. Where ever she went he went, and vice versa. When I had to pick her up he watched closely, and followed where I went with to make sure she was ok.

The first day she started laying, there was a crowd gathered around her. All the other girls stood back watching, and Gandalf had one wing draped over Sarah cooing at her. It was really neat to watch.

Bluemoon

awww. that is so sweet. sorry to hear about your roo. may i ask what happened to him? by the way... he was a very pretty bird. i hope you get a roo that looks and acts just like him. good luck with that!!

We hope so. Gandalf was grey as a chick. My DH named him Gandalf for Gandalf the grey in lord of the rings.
gig.gif

You can see what he looked like at a day old here. He's drinking at the waterer. Sarah is the chocolate colored chick near him.

26177_the_new_flock_027.jpg

Anyway, Our birds free range on our property during the day. They have a specific pattern they follow throughout the back part of our property mostly. Off the back of our house with our deck is fenced. It's for one of our spazzy dogs. He is part lab, and loves to chase critters. The fence is 6ft.
Gandalf decided to fly over the 6ft. fence into the dog basically. I couldn't get to him in time. We have a couple solutions in mind so that doesn't happen again. None of the other chickens ever go near that part of the yard, and they haven't since. That whole week was just strange now that I think back about it.
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom