Hatching 48 eggs this weekend and I am back!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by K&H Chicken Farm, Apr 5, 2008.

1. K&H Chicken Farm

K&H Chicken Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2008
    Redding CA
    Day 21 is tomorrow and I have to leave in a couple hours! [​IMG] The gal that is baby sitting for me knows if she needs help to post on here to get it. I split the hatch into 2 bactors and told her to only open the one if there is just to many chicks running around in it. I have a brooder all set up but hopefully no one pips ubtil I get back. [​IMG] The other has only 12 eggs in it and they should be fine in there until I get back..
    Wish me luck!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 6, 2008
  2. MBLayfield

MBLayfield Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2007
    Wellsville, UT
    [​IMG] How are you able to leave without freaking out! I would be beside myself! Hopefully you won't be gone too long!! Good Luck!

3. K&H Chicken Farm

Feb 17, 2008
    Redding CA
    [​IMG] Its just over night, and yes I am freeking out big time! [​IMG] To make matters worse the second hatcher I am using has not been used by me and is used.. [​IMG] I am going nuts here. [​IMG]

4. chickenannie

chickenannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    I saw a picture of an incubator that works when you plug it into the cigarette lighter of your car. I just couldn't figure out how you keep the car ride from breaking the eggs.

5. K&H Chicken Farm

Feb 17, 2008
    Redding CA
    Its the new Hovabactor. I have it, but my hubby would kill me if I trid to take them with me! Its more for teachers and such going from and to class. I do not think I would hatch will driving! Its would be worse then druck driving! [​IMG]

6. chickenannie

chickenannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    The idea seemed pretty silly to me, but yes I can see how a teacher might want that... I guess...

7. K&H Chicken Farm

Feb 17, 2008
    Redding CA
    OK I am out of here. I do not think I will be sleeping much! [​IMG]

8. ChickNLittle

ChickNLittle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2008
    Folkston, Georgia
    Everything is going to be fine, I can feel it. [​IMG] And when you get back you will probably have some little chickies jumping all around happily. Cause you know that "babies" come when they are least expected too. Tehe

9. K&H Chicken Farm

Feb 17, 2008
    Redding CA
    OK I am back! no one hatched but a half hour after I got back 3 started to pip! [​IMG]

10. orlandoluv1

orlandoluv1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    spring valley , CA
    yeah !!!!! perfect timming lol keep us posted

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by