Hatching advice please

Courtney1

Hatching
Nov 23, 2016
Hello folks, D21 first time hatching posted bantam eggs in a Brinsea octagon. 3/6 fertile. 1 has large air picked and the other 2 saddle shaped. The one with a large air picked has pipped his shell but the membrane is still intact. Okay to watch and wait?

Hi and
welcome-byc.gif
I am glad you joined us! I don't know much about hatching myself, but this link my help you:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/hatching-eggs-and-raising-chicks
I hope you enjoy BYC, best wishes and best of luck!

welcome-byc.gif

I haven't personally hatched chicks but there are a lot of articles about it in the Learning Center as well as a forum called Incubating & Hatching Eggs.

Hope all goes well with your hatch, good luck!

Hi folks, many thanks for the warm welcome! Still no progress - that's almost 12h now. Still being patient, but will try to find more info on hatching problems.

G’Day from down under Courtney1
frow.gif
Welcome!

Good luck with the hatch.

As I have a few broodies I have no experience with an incubator so sorry that I am not able to help but just wanted to say I hope you enjoy BYC; not only is it overflowing with lots of useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures about chickens, turkeys, duck, quail, Peas and pretty much any other feathered and non feathered friends
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom