Hatching after a gazillion years away

Ruralhideaway

Crowing
6 Years
Sep 21, 2017
Upstate NY
My first hatch in soooo many years, so exciting!

But I'm nervous and need a little help.

One of my eggs shows what could be a huge pip or beginning of a zip? that appeared at the center of the long side of the egg, away from the likely pip location. Thus its on the bottom where the egg is resting. No other pip.

What do I do with that?

My first hatch in soooo many years, so exciting!

But I'm nervous and need a little help.

One of my eggs shows what could be a huge pip or beginning of a zip? that appeared at the center of the long side of the egg, away from the likely pip location. Thus its on the bottom where the egg is resting. No other pip.

What do I do with that?
well.... nothing actually.

When the pip is in an odd spot (not in the air cell) the pip that you see might be the same as the internal pip of a normally positioned chick. Which means, wait way longer than you think you should.

Yes, it is stressfull if the pip is against the floor, but you don't want to loose humidity at such a critical juncture. ... so.... wait.

well.... nothing actually.

When the pip is in an odd spot (not in the air cell) the pip that you see might be the same as the internal pip of a normally positioned chick. Which means, wait way longer than you think you should.

Yes, it is stressfull if the pip is against the floor, but you don't want to loose humidity at such a critical juncture. ... so.... wait.
Ok I guess I knew patience would be the answer. Thank you for the guidance, I'm lacking confidence.

it is very frustrating to have to wait when you want to poke and check and help. .... :old
It is! But just about everytime I go check there's a new pip, enough action to keep me hopeful. Assuming that some of these guys zip successfully this hatchwill be a success.

My first pip was around 10am. No zips yet. I've been trying to stay out of the house because that's a long time for my instant gratification loving self.

Back
Top Bottom