1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Hatching Back yard duck mix :) 8+ eggs.

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by bantiehen, Jan 4, 2012.

1. bantiehen

bantiehen Songster

Nov 22, 2011
    Montana
    Okay I have Four Indian Runner ducks two drakes and two hens. One drake is chocolate the other is Fawn and white. Both hens are Chocolate
    And I also have a mallard hen all three hens are laying . The Runners are laying a mint colored egg for me and my mallard is laying a olive colored egg and I saw the size difference. So correction I do know the difference :)lol [​IMG]

My chocolate drake has been mating with my Mallard hen so that will be a cross.

Fertility rate pretty good I have 6 eggs in there now from them and so far 4 are developing. I can send you a mixture of both if that's what you would like. If you just want mallard then let me know or if you just want runner let me know [​IMG]
    Yes they really are runners as you can see in the picture of my chocolate runner hen. I bought them at Shiptons Big R in Billings Montana its a feed.ranch,farm clothes store. I don't know where Shiptons get them from. I bought the hens a year ago and soon the Two Runner Drakes and the mallard a little after I got my two hens. (If I get anymore silly questions then I'm gonna close this).

Cannot guarantee how the post office handles them once they leave my hands. I do bubble wrap the eggs and try to ship like on a Tuesday the latest I usually is Wednesday. I do ship with a confirmation number.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2012

2. ducksinarow

ducksinarow Songster

Mar 12, 2011
    What hatchery did you get your runners from? Do they stand up straight or more like a regular duck? I really want some green eggs.

3. bantiehen

bantiehen Songster

Nov 22, 2011
    Montana
    Quote:I didn't get them from a hatchery I got them from Shipton's its a feed/ farm/ranch/clothes store etc etc. I don't know where they got them from cause they wont tell people. They stand up straight like Runners should.
    I got the chocolate Indian runner girls a year ago and the drakes a little after that and my mallard duck hen. They stand up straight like runners do not like a regular duck at all.

[​IMG][/img] Mocha my Chocolate Indian Runner hen. not a great picture
    [​IMG][/img] Mocha again.

4. msheets

msheets Songster

May 13, 2010
    Hurricane, WV
    So it is possible for me to just get runner eggs? That would've awesome, thank you (=

5. bantiehen

bantiehen Songster

Nov 22, 2011
    Montana
    Quote:yep [​IMG]

6. LocustGroveFarm

LocustGroveFarm In the Brooder

Jan 8, 2012
    Interesting!

7. LocustGroveFarm

LocustGroveFarm In the Brooder

Jan 8, 2012