Hatching Bantam Barnevelders, anyadvice?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by CammieSilkie, Jan 17, 2011.

1. CammieSilkie

CammieSilkie Out Of The Brooder

Jul 29, 2010
    Massachusetts
    I am planning on hatching three shipped Bantam Barnevelder eggs in my brinsea mini eco egg incubator. (only three because i have fertile silkie eggs from my own hens i plan to hatch!!) If they are shipped, and with my kind of incubator, how many do you think will hatch? one? two? all three? Also, any advice on barnevelders? I've never had them before. are they good layers? Are they nice? broody? hardy in winter? [​IMG] I've only had my chicken experiences with silkies. [​IMG] plus, i have never hatched shipped eggs before. but with my own hens, I've never failed to hatch a single one! Plus, I've been able to hatch robin, sparrow, and even blue jay eggs that had parents push them out of the nest! erm.. don't shipped eggs have a low hatch rate? And is there anything I should do when i receive them before i place them into the incubator?? I always ask loads of questions, but I'm so nervous! [​IMG] and a bit exited. [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by