hatching bantams & standards

growinupinfl

Songster
9 Years
Apr 2, 2010
Pensacola
I have heard that bantams hatch earlier than standards. Is this true or do the all take about the same time? Has anyone hatched standard and bantam in the incubator together before?

Christal

I have. Only a couple of times, and they were shipped eggs, so I don't necessarily think one can go by my small examples. But one time, a couple of bantams pipped and hatched earlier than some of the standard breed chicks. Another time, they all hatched about the same time, with a standard chick pipping before a bantam. The bantam, howler, zipped and hatched faster than the standard pipping first.
idunno.gif

Last edited:
Nope, day 21...marans and banty cochins. Now if you ask who takes the longest to hatch (from pip)... dang silkies.

Last edited:
They are suppose to go the same 21 days if incubated in the same environment. Now like someone else said, silkies I have had go a day early or 5 days late. It is almost always one or the other, never on time!

I have only ever had one hatch go early. Bantam millie fleur cochins. But I have hatched quite a few large fowl and bantams and 21 days is pretty standard.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom