Hatching buddy for setting 8/4?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Pookie_Momma, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Pookie_Momma

Pookie_Momma Out Of The Brooder

Jul 5, 2011
    Tacoma, Washington
    I have a mixture of eggs from dark brown, light brown, beige, and olive color. I am excited to have these since my last two batches have been complete failures. These are surprise eggs from the chicken man who lives an hour away. (yes I drove the distance to get eggs from someone I trust and have dealt with before)

Is anyone else setting today that want to join. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Chicklette 1

Chicklette 1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2010
    Kentucky
    I just set 6 of my Serama eggs at 3:30pm and it is the first time I am using an incubator so I am hoping for the best! I am using a Brinsea Mini advance Ex. I got all the settings locked in and now it's up to the eggs!

3. lucyboo

lucyboo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2011
    North Carolina
    ok i dont know what setting buddy means because lol i am new to chicken world but i have also put 6 eggs that we think under broody mama and she adopted them so hoping for the best, anywho, please answer so i can join lol

<3 lucyboo

4. Chicklette 1

Chicklette 1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2010
    Kentucky
    My first time being a hatching buddy also but I would guess we all support each other and swap info since they will all be due at the same time.

5. lucyboo

lucyboo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2011
    North Carolina
    ohhhhhhh ok!!! thanks!!!!! then i guess i will be joining! lol hahahaha!!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] thanx so much for explaining it!!!! talk to you later i guess! lol

<3 lucyboo

6. Pookie_Momma

Jul 5, 2011
    Tacoma, Washington
    This is sooooooo AWESOME!!! [​IMG]

We are all a bunch of newbie hatchers. yay [​IMG] This is my 4th hatch and NONE have gone the way they should. so thank you all for joining me. I hope that we can all learn together and have a great hatch.

7. yinepu

yinepu Overrun With Chickens

I can join in.. just set 13 Delaware eggs (shipped) earlier today [​IMG]

8. chickensassy

chickensassy Out Of The Brooder

Jul 25, 2011
    Texas
    May I be a newbie with ya'll? First time for me about to set 15 Lavender Orpington eggs now! so we support one another?

Last edited: Aug 4, 2011
  9. Pookie_Momma

Jul 5, 2011
    Tacoma, Washington
    Chickensassy [​IMG] the more the merrier!!!!

Glad that I am not going alone [​IMG]

Good luck to all and keep with the updates........ I am going to patiently wait till day 7 to candle some of my eggs are REALLY dark brown so I am stoked at my surprise eggies. I have an idea on a couple but I am not sure what roo that they came from so yay! [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. MommaBugg

MommaBugg Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2011
    NE MICHIGAN
    I just set today at about 9pm.. Using still air (Little Giant) anyone have experience with still air?

Set 16 eggs total:I have 3 EE's, 3 EE\\BO crosses, Unless one of my banty roos were able to do the job on one of my BO or my EE hen (?) and 10 mixed banty eggs that will be crosses between mille fleur duccle, silver duckwing OEG, red pyle, silver sebright (maybe golden sebright if she has been laying) just maybe I happened to grab some pure duccle and sebright eggs for the incubator. This is my first hatch so lets see.

Anyone know if a banty and heavy breed can cross?

I will post pics after first fertility check if I have any viable. (and if I can get a good pic)

Also, upon cooking a BO egg today, I ran across a double yolk... Do these produce twins ever? Or do they not survive?

Thanks, and good luck every one on your hatch!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by