Hatching buddy needed asap - Anyone in lockdown????

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by bargain, Aug 26, 2010.

1. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    Okay I went ahead and did lock down on Wed. am....hatch date is tomorrow am (I think) but in my disorganized state, I lost my post it for the lockdown date (that's what I happens when I clean house!!!! but I've got one out already. This is the first time I've used a stryo foam in 3 years for chicks and I'm sweating bullets. I'm afraid I let them rock/roll too long....24 made it too lock down, It seems too wet in there - the windows are fogging...When I put in lockdown, I sealed all the vents and had the moist cloth in there. I now have one vent open.I just need a hatch buddy. It's soo much easier in a cabinet...I forgot how hard stryofoam is!!!!!!! Is there anyone in lockdown that can join me.

Should I open another vent????

Nervous Nancy needs your help! Thanks and have a blessed day!

2. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    I am in lockdown. I use my cabinet incubators to incubate and then I hatch them in the styrofoams...I take off all the vent plugs. I have 70 button quail eggs in lockdown right now. When they are done hatching, I will have another lockdown (it never ends [​IMG])

3. kjhowe77

kjhowe77 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2010
    Broome County, NY
    I am in lockdown and hatch date is Friday!

4. bargain

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    Okay I opened the vents ....I still wish I hadn't put the wet cloth in their I have condensation on the seeing windows.....Well the happy news is 3 are now fully out.....I just hope I had a way to snitch the cloth out, but I shouldn't do that should I because I'll be stealing the heat/wet air. It's so very humid today I believe I could they would hatch with nothing!

So would you sneak it open and steal out the rolled up towel...It's in the corner????

Thanks y'all for being my buddies.....

5. bargain

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    Quote:Yeah I have another hatching buddy!

6. katheria

katheria Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2010
    Quote:Same here!! [​IMG]

8 chicken eggs...

7. Gypsy07

Gypsy07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2010
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Hi there! I just went into lockdown last night with three White Leghorn eggs that are looking great. Hatch date should be Sunday but I always seem to run a day or so late so I won't panic if nothing's happened by Sunday night. My last two hatches with shipped eggs have been rubbish (2/10 and 0/12) so I'm hoping that this hatch with my own birds' eggs will be more successful...

So what about your hatch, how many are out now? And what are they??

8. katheria

katheria Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2010
    well ill be....ive been going nuts over the last couple of days....with worry....
    incubator had a mishap and i thought for sure these would not hatch .....temp got low 86 or so , i dont know how long....

i just looked over and i have a PIP! woohooo..........early too!

9. bargain

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    Yeah Katheria !!! Yeah for the pips!

10. bargain

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    Quote:Now there are 4 out....But what a fog on the windows, water dripping! anyway, at present I can report 3 Delawares and 1 Wheatan Marans. If it gets any foggier, I won't be able to see.... anythign!!!

Should I grab that damp cloth out of there????

I'm worried they wanted hatch out well, that they are drying off too slowly!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by