1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hatching call ducks

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by jkah37, Jan 16, 2017.

1. jkah37

jkah37 Just Hatched

Nov 7, 2016
    Gloversville
    I am new to the Hatching world and i have a pair of calls that have been giving me lots of eggs! I have been incubating them. One i lost already :( but now i have an egg on day 24 that is peeping away and moving. I am so afriad to loose this one. As of today i have it in "lockdown" I lowered the temperature to 97.5-98... Being as it is peeping does that mean it has internally pipped??? Any information would be helpful! I am excited but so worried being as i already had to say goodbye to one little baby. It broke my heart [​IMG] please help!

2. DancingWthDucks

DancingWthDucks Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2016
    Cumbria, UK
    Yes, I've read that peeping does mean that it has internally pipped, although it will probally be a couple of days before it actually hatches. What's the humidity? Try aiming for between 65-75%.

Good luck and keep us posted..... :fl

3. jkah37

jkah37 Just Hatched

Nov 7, 2016
    Gloversville
    Yes, I've read that peeping does mean that it has internally pipped, although it will probally be a couple of days before it actually hatches. What's the humidity? Try aiming for between 65-75%.

Good luck and keep us posted.....

The incubator i have was given to me with no manual! I have veen researching to find out how to see what the humidity is. Thank you for responding. I am hoping for success in hatching. Hearing that baby chirp made my heart skip beats!

4. jkah37

jkah37 Just Hatched

Nov 7, 2016
    Gloversville
    Still waiting on this little baby. It is day 25, was peeping this morning but now nothing. No movement/rolling or pepping. But keeping a watchful eye on it. I have upped the humidity a bit. I am so afraid it wont be able to externally pip! Does anyone have any information to ease my mind??? I hear call ducks are the hardest to hatch :/

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
  5. chickens really

chickens really Overrun With Chickens

@WVduckchick

She can help you......

6. DancingWthDucks

DancingWthDucks Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2016
    Cumbria, UK
    All that you can do at the moment is wait I'm afraid- it's the hardest part. Do you know what model incubator you have? Try searching "[what ever model you have] incubator instruction manual". Wait anouther day or so, and if there is still no progress, carefully make it a "safe hole" (a tiny hole on the round side of the egg, to make sure the duckling has air).

Good luck :fl

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by