Hatching Chicks dying

Roxann

Hatching
5 Years
Mar 29, 2014
I hatched chicks for the second time, used the dry method, since the first time I hatched I used the instructions and only had 1 live chick and 8 fully forms chicks die inside shell. This time I got 8 chicks to hatch, but they all died, one after the other for just about a week. I gave them fresh water, food, and bedding daily. Even though this is my second time hatching eggs, I have order chicks through postal mail before and have never had something like this happen. Any ideas of what might have went wrong. I do want to try and hatch again in the future, but want to try and figure out what went wrong so it doesnt happen again. When the chicks hatched, they all acted healthy, eating, drinking, pooping, chirping, etc, we would check on them in the morning or after we work and another one would be dead. Thanks for the help/feed back.

Quote:
It's possible you may have more than one thing going on.

First, are these chicks from your own birds, or have you purchased them from the same, or different breeders?

Have you double checked your incubator temp and humidity with a hygrometer?

Can you give us a photo of the brooding area so we can see what the heating system/ ventilation is like?

What are you feeding them? Is it medicated?

Do you have any of their poop that can be tested at a vet's?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom