Hatching Chicks in Honeoy Falls NY

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by redbuffalo, Feb 22, 2009.

1. redbuffalo

redbuffalo Out Of The Brooder

Feb 22, 2009
    Honeoye Falls, NY
    Hi, I live in Honeoye Falls, NY and am new to this post. I had chickens growing up and am planning on hatching a small flock this spring with my two young sons. Does anyone have any advice on incubators regarding best makes and models? Is there anyone one is the Honeoye Falls/ Rochester area that has a used incubator thay they would like to sell or possibly rent out for a month?

Thanks!

Tracy

2. sloallie10

sloallie10 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2008
    CA
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Poultra

Poultra Out Of The Brooder

May 26, 2008
    Howdy, fellow New Yorker! You’re not that far away – I’m in the Newark/Lyons area. I built my own incubator based on Miss Prissy’s instructions and hatched out 6/10 of my own eggs with it a couple of weeks ago. I saw a used incubator on the Rochester Craigslist not too long ago, but I think it’s kind of pricey. A lot of folks seem to like the Hovabator Genesis 1588. Read through the posts in this section, it’s been discussed a bit. If you decide that hatching isn’t for you, there’s some folks in Macedon that will have chicks available starting next month, www.natureberryfarm.com would be their website, and there’s a guy to the south that has eggs and chicks. He’s been posting on craigslist, too, umm, The Chicken Ranch, I think that’s the name of his operation.

So, welcome!!! This is a great place with lots of great people to learn lots of great stuff from!

Katie

4. cherub78

cherub78 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2008
    Central NY
    Hi fellow New Yorker! I am in Geneva.

I just bought my first incubator, and after buying it (of course) read on here that it wasn't the best choice. I am going to give it a try anyway. It is the Little Giant incubator. I started collecting eggs yesterday to put in it. I got it on Fri when CountryMax had their one day only 20% off sale.

I will keep you posted on if I have any luck with it, but I'm not too optomistic.

I have seen some on the local craigslists. I usually check Rochester, Syracuse, Elmira, and Ithaca but there might be some others near you. They go pretty quick on craigslist.

Sharon

5. citalk2much

citalk2much Twilight Blessings Farm

Dec 22, 2008
    GR MI: TN bound!
    Welcome and best of luck!

Last edited: Feb 22, 2009
  6. redbuffalo

redbuffalo Out Of The Brooder

Feb 22, 2009
    Honeoye Falls, NY
    Well, I bought a Hova Bator with fan and just started 12 Araucana eggs. So we will see what happens in three weeks with some TLC and a lot of luck:)

Tracy:)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by