1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hatching chicks in January

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by sandygreen, Jan 3, 2009.

1. sandygreen

sandygreen New Egg

Jan 3, 2009
    Virginia
    jumpyI hatched out 2 baby chicks and another one that didn't make it out the egg.[​IMG] I have never set eggs in the winter. So I still have 3 hens with about 24 eggs under them to hatch. I have sikie chicks. They are ugly but I know they will be cute in a few weeks. So now I have the baby chicks and mama in a cage with a heat lamp. It gets cold at night in Va.
    [​IMG] So in the morning it's going to be like Christmas and run to see howe many more chicks have hatched.[​IMG]
    Does anyone know how to put pictures on here. Would like for everyone to see the babies that have hatched.
    Sandy

2. mama3chix

mama3chix Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2008
    Southeast Michigan
    Congrats on the babies!! [​IMG] [​IMG] Also, [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] the greatest site on the web [​IMG]

3. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    Putting pictures up is pretty easy. Up towards the top of the screen is a blue toolbar that includes "Uploads." Click uploads, browse and upload the pictures you want. Then when it shows your picture after uploading, copy the bottom link, paste it where you want it in your thread. Voila!

Hope that was clearer than mud...

Congrats on the new babies, I'm jealous! And welcome, be careful, you'll be addicted to BYC like the rest of us if you're not watchful.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by