Hatching Chukars...Really this Hard?

I filled 2 incubators with ebay eggs and had great hatchs on everything but the chukars. Did I get a bad batch or is it really hard to hatch them?

peeper, I see you are having the same luck as myself. I can hatch chicken and quail with no problem but the chukar will begin breaking the egg shell then dying. I run the humity @ 70% during lock down, 50-60% while in the egg turner. I recently had 80 chukar eggs in my incubator and had only four to hatch. Don't know what to do
sad.png

If you allow chukar eggs to sit for about twelve days before you set them in the bator I bet you will have better luck. However I have had horibble luck with shipped eggs.

The thing I do with chukar eggs from ebay, since it so hot here; is I let them sit in the box for a couple hour in the garge since it's close to the temp in the mail truck. I then place in the incubator. I run 50% humity at 99.5f for 20 days then boost to 62% for finally days. Most hatch but a few don't make it.

if you can find local eggs they hatch so much better I just hatched 20 out of 22 eggs at lockdown there is a user here that goes by steelshot he shipped me some eggs I got a pretty good hatch for shipped eggs but we are fairly close only 1 state away

For what it's worth, I've gotten eggs off eBay and I've ordered eggs from Murray McMurray. Here's the hatch rate from Murray McM: 27/30 Valley Quail, 18/25 Melanistic Mutant Pheasant, 22/30 Chukar Partridge, 27/30 Gambel's Quail. The average hatch rate from the various eBayer Sellers was less than 50%...way less. Hope this provides some insight. GOOD LUCK!

All mailed eggs should be set in a cool dry place for at least 24 hours before putting them in the bator.I also would try to find someone local.
In N.H.,Tony.

Back
Top Bottom