hatching craze!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by bensteph821, Aug 20, 2011.

1. bensteph821

bensteph821 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    Easton Pennsylvania
    We have 33 eggs hatching tonight and tomorrow in our one hatcher, already hatched one and several pipping, and 6 hatching in 3 days!!! OMG! with a 99% hatch rate!! We already have like 30 grown chickens and 20 that are a few weeks old!! LMAO OMG OMG OMG is all i can say! Exciting, but WOW!

2. chickiechik

chickiechik Out Of The Brooder

Aug 16, 2011
    Venice Florida
    I know how you feel. We started with 13 and got 8 more. Hatched 5, 2 weeks ago, 5 today, hatching 24 on tuesday and 13 next Thursday. But ike they say"Chicks are like M&M's you can't stop with 1 lol! Have fun and ENJOY!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. DMRippy

DMRippy Pallet Queen Premium Member

May 18, 2011
    Nashville
    Funny! I have been looking for eggs for my new incubator and my hubby said today fill it up!!!! I holds 8 doz eggs [​IMG] That would be my luck too! We need to pace ourselves. He also said you need three of these... [​IMG] my husband is now my enabler [​IMG]

4. bensteph821

Jun 15, 2011
    Easton Pennsylvania
    Quote:Wow ok. Glad we aren't the only ones [​IMG] it is soooo much fun and addictive;)
    Good luck with yours too!

5. bensteph821

Jun 15, 2011
    Easton Pennsylvania
    Quote:your Hubby too? My husband is Always saying " now my wife Should go buy This chicken to breed with that chicken" then when he has to build a new coop And he's stressed out, its my fault! Lol. I bought too many Chickens! What??? Lol

What Kind of eggs did You get?

6. DMRippy

DMRippy Pallet Queen Premium Member

May 18, 2011
    Nashville
    Quote:your Hubby too? My husband is Always saying " now my wife Should go buy This chicken to breed with that chicken" then when he has to build a new coop And he's stressed out, its my fault! Lol. I bought too many Chickens! What??? Lol

What Kind of eggs did You get?

BYCer in my area has been kind enough to trade her eggs for me to hatch for my eating eggs. She has a lavender ameraucana roo over several hens should be mostly EE's which is what I really wanted now I am just hoping they will be mostly blues that would just be too good to be true! 2 dozen is a good start. I just hope the incubator works now! I had some leghorns but he had roo problems so next time. I will never fill it up for that many to hatch at one time. I scored a plywood trunk today for free so that is now going to be my hatcher! Staggered hatches are in my near future [​IMG] Who needs three incubators?????

My husband still has not figured out the chicken lingo but he is getting better...

7. Cattitude

Cattitude Chillin' With My Peeps

I posted this pic of all the breeds I have atm in my 2 styro incubators, on another forum, but I'm so proud of them! All except the quail were laid by my hens, and the quail are from a friend who lives a couple miles down the road:

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by