Hatching day...hopefully

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by lcountry, Jun 29, 2007.

1. lcountry

lcountry Out Of The Brooder

May 11, 2007
    This is my first attempt at incubating eggs. It's day 21. (21 full days as of around 6pm tonight) But, I haven't heard any peeps or seen any movement. If they are going to hatch, would I have seen/heard something by now? Or does the movement/pip come on pretty quickly? There are only two of the six eggs that I was really sure had chicks at last candling.

I'm keeping the incubator closed now, but I have to say the suspense/hope/dread is killing me!! We've been looking forward to the babies. Now I'm scared it's been anticipation for....rotten eggs. [​IMG]

2. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Oh how I feel for you. These next few days are the hardest! I have duck eggs pipping now...its TERRIBLE waiting!just hold tight....they will probably be fine. Have your temps and humidity been holding pretty steady? Fluctuating temps and humidity can cause a late hatch. Hang in there. Its tough! LOL

3. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Don't get to dissapointed if you don't see anything today, I've had chicks hatch on day 24.

Good luck!![​IMG]

4. lcountry

May 11, 2007
    Oh thank you for the kind words and the HOPE! Boy, this "chicken thing" has been a learning experience! First I had NO idea how much I would love my little chickies. Then I had NO idea how excited I would be about incubating. And, NO idea how hard the waiting would be! I feel like a kid waiting on Christmas!

I've got family coming into town, but I can't get much done as I keep checking the eggs!

I can't decide if I hate incubating and would never try it again; or love it.

Say a prayer for my little ones and cross your fingers. Thank you again!

5. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Ohhh, I have a feeling you will LOVE it! Just waite till you see the llittle miracles coming from those eggs....then, it will be addictive! LOL

6. lcountry

May 11, 2007
    "She" hatched! Whohoo! She's just the most beautiful little one ever. [​IMG] She's peeping like crazy and can already hold her head up. Probably she's the smartest chicken ever born! [​IMG]

And... more good news! I've found a little newly hatched silkie to be her "sister" - she won't have to be a singleton! YIPPEE!

7. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

YEAH!! Congrats on her hatching....and on finding another new hatchling. Thats great for her..and you! But, we DO want to see pics! LOL

8. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Congrats on your hatch!

9. feathersnmore

feathersnmore Out Of The Brooder

Jun 14, 2007
    yoohooo i am happy for you i can't wait to try the hatching thing!!! just waiting for my incubator to come in! pics please [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 2, 2007
  10. lcountry

May 11, 2007
    She's a cutie and LOUD! I can hear the peeps from two rooms away. Then when she's quiet, I have to go take a peek as then I'm worried somethings wrong. [​IMG]

Sorry, the pictures aren't the clearest in the world. She's still in the incubator and the window causes some reflection. You can barely see it, but she's stretching her little wings out a bit in one of the pictures. Then about 2 seconds later it was nap time. It's so fun having others to share the excitement with me.

Her sibling comes home tomorrow. I'll just have to post pictures then too. Thanks everyone!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by