Hatch-Along - Hatching Day MARCH 25 (first time using incubator) ANYONE ELSE?

I m getting really impatient today lockdown tonight. Knowing my luck they won t start hatching till Sunday. I even got my emergency tweezers sanitized in case I have to help any. My DH had to go out of town for work so he tells me I will have to FaceTime if they start before he gets home Sunday. More of a reason those chicks will make me sweat. DH also says I will probably be sleeping by incubator the whole weekend. Funny thing is he's right I probably will.

Now down to 18. I re-candled very carefully. One egg was definitely a loss. The others look good. I bought my brooder set up today. So excited!

I turned my hatcher incubator on today and got it filled up with water...tomorrow is day 18 and I'll move 15 BCM, BBS, and OE eggs into it for lockdown. Monday the 25th is expected hatching day...Can't wait to see what hatches- those dark brown eggs are so dark, I have no idea what's been growing!!
hmm.png
fl.gif

Lisa in NJ

Last edited:
I m getting really impatient today lockdown tonight. Knowing my luck they won t start hatching till Sunday. I even got my emergency tweezers sanitized in case I have to help any. My DH had to go out of town for work so he tells me I will have to FaceTime if they start before he gets home Sunday. More of a reason those chicks will make me sweat. DH also says I will probably be sleeping by incubator the whole weekend. Funny thing is he's right I probably will.
celebrate.gif
yeah! lockdown!!!! Please take lots of pics!!!! and share them...
Love your new profile pic. It was a refreshing view. it's been hot here these days. Keep us posted.

I turned my hatcher incubator on today and got it filled up with water...tomorrow is day 18 and I'll move 15 BCM, BBS, and OE eggs into it for lockdown. Monday the 25th is expected hatching day...Can't wait to see what hatches- those dark brown eggs are so dark, I have no idea what's been growing!!
hmm.png
fl.gif

Lisa in NJ
ya.gif
We have the same lockdown date!!! Cool!!! I am so excited too. I have been collecting the next batch. Hopefully next time I will double the amount. This was a trial w/ 9 eggs. I ended up with 8 cause one died.

I am very curious on what's going to come out of those dark shelled eggs too. Please post pics!!!

What do you guys use as brooders? I am going with a new idea I saw here on BYC, but I'd love to know what you use... I may change my mind.
caf.gif

T
When is lockdown for you?

Tonight 6:30 is my beginning of day 18. I will candle then and get humidity adjusted. I know some people wait till the end of the day but I like to make sure everything is in order.

Yes snow picture. We have had one storm after another. My kids were home Monday and Tuesday because our roads were gone. It is probably the most snow on record. The six foot ditches are overflowed with snow now. The snow is solid packed in are yard 5 feet off the ground. Just a crazy winter. Spring is going to be a huge wet mess.

That's are driveway have had to clean it every day with tractor

What do you guys use as brooders? I am going with a new idea I saw here on BYC, but I'd love to know what you use... I may change my mind. :caf

I made one last year not sure if I can find a pic but being on the farm I took it apart to use wood for something else. So I had DH pick me up giant Tupperware but it will probably only last a week. They get big fast. I was hoping it might warm up in the next three weeks and my turkey might allow them to live in her cage. She has a quarter of our barn all caged in. We have this chicken who would constantly jump over the fence to live with the turkey and they got along well.

T
Quote: That daily cleaning process must be a full workout!!! I changed my avatar to share some of our sun w/ you guys
cool.png

I know this sounds crazy for people with your cold weather but I'd loooove to be there right now. I have never seen snow and (maybe just for the novelty of it) would be glad to shovel some snow for you
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom