Hatching day... weekend or weekday?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Casey76, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Casey76

Casey76 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2011
    Alsace, France
    I usually prefer to have my hatching days on a weekend so I can watch (obsessively lol)... but I always end up a nervous wreck.

next week I will be setting some which will hatch mid week when i will be at work for most of the day, so I'll have something to distract me... but I won't be there to see them actually hatch [​IMG]

Which do you prefer? Being able to watch, but have to sit on your hands, or have a distraction, but not see them hatch?

2. RareBreedFancier

RareBreedFancier Surrounded by Broodies

Nov 5, 2010
    Australia :)
    I don't work but I have a pip now and expect them to be hatching tomorrow.
    Unfortunately DH has decided he wants to go shopping tomorrow which will be TORTURE!!! [​IMG]

I defiantly, defiantly would prefer to be home 'bator watching. [​IMG]

3. heksa

heksa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2010
    Indiana
    I set my eggs late on Friday, so hopefully hatching happens during the weekend.
    I had ducks hatch on weekday and it was a torture. I felt like I was missing the whole experience of becoming a grandma. [​IMG]

4. Bat Cave Silkies

Bat Cave Silkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2010
    Bat Cave, NC
    If you set them to hatch during the work week, you'll just end up calling in sick [​IMG]

I always set mine to hatch on weekends so that my husband can go crazy with me, waiting & watching for them to hatch

5. TarHeelBlue

TarHeelBlue Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2011
    Yukon, Oklahoma
    I would SOOOO rather do the bator watch while sitting on my hands!!!! My guys were set to hatch on the weekend and what did they do?? (this was my first time!) 2 came at about 1 in the morning and the others while I was at church. LOL oh well, they are alive and healthy and I am excited to get this next batch going.

6. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Oh, I much prefer weekend hatching. I am antsy at work when I have hatchlings coming (like I am right now).

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by