Hatching day!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Dbc, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Dbc

Dbc Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2011
    Today is day 21! The eggs are not moving and none of them have even put a hole in the egg yet! Should i be worried!!! Last time i candled them they looked healthy! Maybe they will just hatch later tonight! At least i hope so!

2. animalsRawesome

animalsRawesome Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    I don't think that you have anything to be worried about. Keep us up to date. Oh, and you know since you posted, pictures are a requirement once they hatch right? [​IMG]

3. Dbc

Jun 3, 2011
    Right! But they have to hatch first!

4. Jewels1935

Jewels1935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 4, 2011
    Central Florida
    Quote:LOL that's very true!! Day 21 here too...good luck to you and everyone that's on day 21 today!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. stines4

stines4 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 30, 2011
    Chatsworth
    day 20 here and have two pips out of 25 eggs so far! good luck!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]:Dok now we have 1 baby and 6 pips from the side we can see![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 18, 2011
  6. Dbc

Jun 3, 2011
    Im kinda gettin nervous because they are not even moving! And they have not pipped yet! Anybody know why?

7. Jewels1935

Jewels1935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 4, 2011
    Central Florida
    Quote:I'm day 21 and no pips either..I did candle..I know [​IMG] But did so for 5 seconds on each egg. They're under a broody, so when she got up I checked them. Mine are all alive, so don't worry if you don't see any movement or pips. They'll hatch when fully ready:hugs

8. Dbc

Jun 3, 2011
    I know i have done everything right! I am just waiting for some life to pop out of that egg! I am just wishing they would hurry up a little bit....

9. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    If your thermometer is not reading true and the temperature is actually a little low the chicks can take a few hours to a couple of extra days to hatch. Are you certain your thermometer is accurate?

10. mattfulleroc

mattfulleroc Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2010
    I am also at day 21. This is my first hatch since I was in high school. The big mistake I made was ordering eggs from ebay instead of a local source. Out if 7 only one showed to be viable at 7 days and at day 14 it was still alive but the next time I decided to quickly check (I believe day 16) I could not see into the egg at all as there was a fark lump and the air sac but I no longe could identify anything else.

I do not see anything..the egg isn't moving and I guess I am just going to have to wait and see.

Thank you. I hope everyone has a good hatch!
    matt

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by