1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hatching duck and chicken eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by applebutter14, Jan 28, 2016.

1. applebutter14

applebutter14 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2014
    Iowa
    i was wondering: can i hatch my call duck eggs with chicken eggs? i know duck eggs take longer so was was thinking about starting them a few days earlier and adding my chicken eggs later on but i was worried if that would mess up the duck eggs.so im not sure what to do. this is my first time incubating.

2. applebutter14

Jun 8, 2014
    Iowa
    does any body know? [​IMG]

3. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    Yes, you can incubate them together. Compensate for the longer incubation time for the duck eggs by adding the chicken eggs later (pay attention to breed of your ducks, most take 28 days but some go longer). Set the chicken eggs at the appropriate time, and everyone will hatch together on the same day.

4. applebutter14

Jun 8, 2014
    Iowa
    thank you! This is my 1st time hatching so im a little nervous. if i can ill post pictures when they hatch! [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. CyndiD

CyndiD Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Feb 28, 2015
    Northern Idaho
    @applebutter14 Hi i am wondering how your chicken and ducks hatch is coming along?
    i am doing the same thing, duck and chicken together.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by