Hatching Duck Buddies

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Cornychick, Jan 26, 2010.

1. Cornychick

Cornychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2009
    Sebastian County, AR
    Is anyone else hatching ducks in Feb? I have 4 Pekin duck eggs that are going into lockdown next week and this will be my first time hatching ducks.

2. duckluck

duckluck Dulcimyrh Ducks

Oct 22, 2009
    Illinois
    I think I will have a few call duck eggs going into lockdown starting Jan. 9 and continuing for a few days...they were laid sporadically so now I have to decide how to set them. I also just set 9 this morning as a group.

3. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    I have 15 eggs due around Feb 19/20, 10 crested indian runners and 5 mixed.

4. Cornychick

Nov 12, 2009
    Sebastian County, AR
    I candled again last Sunday, and one of them was a quitter, but the other 3 are movining around in there.

5. bigdawg

bigdawg AA Poultry

Jun 28, 2009
    middle tenn
    i have 12 due the 26 of feb. mixed breed. but i cant wait. these are my first duckies. is chick starter medicated with amprolium ok to feed the duck babys. it says so on the bag. just wanted to make sure before they hatch. thanks

6. Cornychick

Nov 12, 2009
    Sebastian County, AR
    I would think it's ok, but this is my first hatch with ducks so maybe someone with more 'duck time' could tell us. Last night, we had a powersurge and I lost power on the bator for a couple of hours! [​IMG] If this keeps my remaining ducks from hatching, I am really going to be dissapointed. This right after loosing last weekend's chick hatch AND receiving a misfortunate chick order this week is just too much!

7. janastasio

janastasio Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    New Hampshire
    I have 2 call duck eggs in my incubator. I just got these new calls and they laid 2 eggs. I was trying out my new incubator, so I thought what the heck! They are on day 10 today. We candled on Sunday(day 7). One was a definite. The other was questionable. Saw blood vessels, but not as distinct as the other egg. I will candle again this weekend and see how they are progressing. I have had power outages for a few hours and had everthing turn out ok. Dont worry![​IMG]

8. Cornychick

Nov 12, 2009
    Sebastian County, AR
    I have pips!!!!!!! Tonight is supposed to start lockdown, and when I got home at 5:00 I found two pips!! I am so excited!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. janastasio

janastasio Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    New Hampshire
    [​IMG]

10. Cornychick

Nov 12, 2009
    Sebastian County, AR
    One is out and the other is still working hard....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I love him already!!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by