hatching duck eggs? need help

txmel

Songster
10 Years
Jan 8, 2010
boerne, tx
i have been looking for directions on how to incubate duck eggs. with what temp to run the incubator at and the humidity levels and do you spray the eggs during incubation or not? i know that the incubation time is 28 days and the you turn them for the first 25 days but am unsure of exact temps and humidity and the spraying thing? i have read that the temp needs to be lowered the last 3 day to 98.5 is this right? please someone give me some guildlines. i have duck eggs coming in the mail next week and want to be sure i have all my ducks in a row
lol.png
( pun intended ) thanks for the help

I hatched mine just like chickens eggs. Kept humidity at around 40-45 first 25 days then upped it to about 80 for lockdown. Both eggs I set hatched. I will tell you after they pip it takes them longer to zip and hatch. One of mine pipped on a Monday and didnt hatch til Wednesday.

On my first attempt hatching ducks, my humidity was too low and they dried out, so I had to help them out- I highly recommend making sure your humidity it right!!!

Also- I expected them to hatch several days before they actually did, and was ready to throw the eggs out after 4 days overdue... I'm SO GLAD I'm a procrastinator!!! RFLOL!!!!

Quote:
how long did yours take to hatch and what kind of ducks were they? i have read that certain breeds incubate for longer. the eggs i am getting are bantam silky ducks and im fairly sure they are the 28 days incubation.

Quote:
how long did yours take to hatch and what kind of ducks were they? i have read that certain breeds incubate for longer. the eggs i am getting are bantam silky ducks and im fairly sure they are the 28 days incubation.

Mine took 32 days to hatch, I don't know what kind of ducks they are- a friend gave them to me, they were green eggs- I didn't even know ducks laid green eggs!

Quote:

Mine took 32 days to hatch, I don't know what kind of ducks they are- a friend gave them to me, they were green eggs- I didn't even know ducks laid green eggs!

too funny! i have seen some tinted a greenish color not sure what kind they were. i dont even know what color these will be. i will definately candle them before tossing though i also hope the woman that i am getting them from will give me alittle guidance. thanks for the help

Back
Top Bottom