Hatching duck eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Duckfarmer8903, Jun 3, 2016.

1. Duckfarmer8903

Duckfarmer8903 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 10, 2015
    Ok I've got 10 eggs ready to hatch today yesterday they were moving and rattling about but I checked this morning and there was no movement and no sign of any hatching the temp is at 37.5 c and humidity at 47-52 I'm worried there dead in the egg and wound hatch I quickly candled one and saw movement I know your not suppose to open the incubator on the last 5 days but I had to I was very worried I've only opened it that once I'm just annoyed and worried about the eggs not hatching someone give me some advice [​IMG][​IMG]

2. Pyxis

Pyxis Dark Sider Premium Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Vermont
    My Coop
    Opening the incubator won't hurt them as long as there are no pips (and really probably not even then). You'll just have to be patient - ducks are really slow hatchers. Even after they externally pip sometimes they take up to 48 hours to start to zip. Patience is key with these guys :)

Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
  3. Duckfarmer8903

Duckfarmer8903 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 10, 2015
    Thank you very much yeah there's been no pips I'm just concerned about the no movement anymore :( there were 8 moving yesterday and I haven't seen any move today

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by