1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hatching early help!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by bradybrady09, Mar 26, 2009.

1. bradybrady09

bradybrady09 BANNED

Mar 19, 2009
    Vermont
    I have white silkie eggs in one of my incubators out of 20 eggs 11 are pipped and its only say 18 i can hear that peeping and see them moving the eggs are they going to die because they pipped so early??! ahhhhhhh

2. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    I dont thinks so , but they could hatch a long time from now. they could pip then wait 24 hours or so till trying to zipp ect. I think you should let them take there time. I am shure someone that knows more then me will know. Good luck

3. Julie08

Julie08 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    Ontario, Canada
    Sometimes bantam eggs do hatch early even if they are pipped now they might not hatch til tomorrow but they will be just fine, good luck enjoy your babies.

4. bradybrady09

bradybrady09 BANNED

Mar 19, 2009
    Vermont
    Thanks so much! just scared me because i have had them pip late before but never 3 days before they were supposed to

5. orcasislandchickens

orcasislandchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2008
    Yes, just leave them alone and DO NOT OPEN THE INCUBATOR. Some of my birds hatched a little early, some on time, they were fine. Sometimes they pip and then go back to sleep a day and finish absorbing the yolk sac etc. if it is not time it is not time. Opening the incubator during the hatching process can shrink wrap them.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. jonty

jonty Out Of The Brooder

Oct 11, 2008
    Voßfeld Germany
    I've just had 2 hatch today and they were on day 18. They both look fine. Think like us humans, some come early, some come late.

7. Panther Creek Poultry

Panther Creek Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2008
    Clarksburg, MO
    They should be fine, just like all the above posters said. Don't open the bator.

8. Southern Chickens

Southern Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2007
    NorthWest Florida
    CONGRATS!!![​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Panther Creek Poultry

Panther Creek Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2008
    Clarksburg, MO
    oh yes forgot to add

CONGRATS;)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by