hatching egg horror

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by jenlynn4, May 7, 2011.

1. jenlynn4

jenlynn4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    PA
    Wow I had a shock this morning! Someone was trying to purchase eggs from me from an add I listed up 2 years ago and just sent me $ out of the blue...unfortunately I had to refund them because with the price EVERYTHING going up I cant sell them that cheap...Boy did they get mean and rude with me about it. WOW I wonder what would make anyone think it would be ok to try to purchase eggs from an add 2 years ago anyhow? But I was just wonderring if anyone else has had a similar experience??? I'd LOVE to hear about everyones horror stories! [​IMG] Maybe it will make me feel more like I am not the only one![​IMG]

Edited to add:

I just wanted to add this since my wording may be confusing!

this was an EXPIRED AUCTION they found on here in the archives of buy sell trade from 2008 ....Not an ADD.... sorry [​IMG]

Last edited: May 7, 2011
  2. BawGock

BawGock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2009
    Idaho Panhandle, USA
    Wow I wonder what he does at the gas station? [​IMG]
    Prices definitely not the same they were two years ago.
    Carolyn

3. Wise Woman

Wise Woman Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    The Enchanted Forest
    Just curious, but why didn't you ever remove the ad? That would prevent this type of thing from happening I would think.

4. jenlynn4

Jan 12, 2007
    PA
    Its not a live add....Its listed on here from 2 years ago in the archives. I didnt think anyone would ever try to purchase something from an auction in the archives that was no longer running. I know I wouldnt especially without even contacting the person to see if they are even still selling eggs. heck I could have no birds at all by now who knows.

5. jenlynn4

Jan 12, 2007
    PA
    OHHH I guess I could have used better working in my original post...sorry! [​IMG] It was an EXPIRED AUCTION from the BYC archives from 2008. [​IMG]

6. suebee

suebee Speaks Silkie Fluently

Apr 1, 2007
    N. Carolina
    Geez, you'd think this person would contact you first before sending the $$$, AND admit the mistake of not reading the date...instead you get attitude from them??? Losers! [​IMG]

7. jenlynn4

Jan 12, 2007
    PA
    I lOVE your avi Suebee! stunning boy you have there!

8. Wise Woman

Wise Woman Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    The Enchanted Forest
    Perhaps they need to add a delete option here! I can tell you from working with the public that once something is in print, they think it is the gospel and will fuss and carry on like it is the law. I deal with this a lot even though I work for a utility. They come up with all sorts of things. My husband worked in retail for over 25 years and man, if there was an ad for something, they would demand it for that price, even though the ad was old and even though it said pricing only good through these particular dates. I do not know where that line of thinking comes from, but it is alive and well. They would throw a fit and there were times my husband had to honor a price in an ad that was a year or two old just to keep the customer happy. Sounds like this person is one of those people![​IMG] Most normal people would have contacted you first, but it takes all kinds to make a world I guess.

Last edited: May 7, 2011
  9. BawGock

BawGock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2009
    Idaho Panhandle, USA
    Quote:He's not a very smart consumer to do that without looking deeper into it.
    He's actually very lucky that Jen is trustworthy seller.
    He should be gracious not angry.
    Carolyn

10. suebee

suebee Speaks Silkie Fluently

Apr 1, 2007
    N. Carolina
    Quote:Thanks. Wouldn't both our avi's make a great couple? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by