1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hatching Egg Special ..must ship today

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by hinkjc, Dec 27, 2007.

1. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    Buff Silkie Eggs SOLD!!

2. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    Wow, I don't even like Buff silkies, what's wrong with me? Must be empty bator syndrome!! I sent you a paypal.

I'm not sure if you are going to send "extras" but if you have one or two of those Buff Ameraucana eggs, I sure would be grateful! Wow, I'm sooo bad.

3. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    It's your lucky day! I will be sending some buff ameraucana eggs along. Thanks!

Jody

4. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    Yeah for me, yeah for me!! [​IMG]

5. crazy4chicsinBC

crazy4chicsinBC Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 22, 2007
    Abbotsford, B.C.
    Ok
    I'm new to buying eggs...and I'm in Canada how does it work you MAIL eggs??? Can one from the states ship eggs to Canada is it feasible? How long does it take to get here they won't be scrambbled upon delivery??
    I so want to hatch some EE.
    I'm gonna set up a paypal account just in case I find eggs to buy. Is this the usual way of payment through paypal?
    Thanks
    Kim

6. hinkjc

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    I am sorry Kim, but I only ship in the lower 48 states. You would be better off finding someone in Canada to get eggs from.

Jody

7. crazy4chicsinBC

crazy4chicsinBC Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 22, 2007
    Abbotsford, B.C.
    Ok so the next question...who knows who in canada ships eggs?
    I'm in British Columbia.

Jody
    Thanks for your quick response.
    I'm just kind of curious how the whole "shipping" eggs works..LOL

Last edited: Dec 27, 2007
  8. hinkjc

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Kim, shipped eggs can have good results and bad results. Buyers need to be aware of this up front. I have gotten great hatches from shipments I've sent from PA to CA and other hatches not so great right within my own state. So you just never know how the packages are treated and how it will end up. Starting with eggs from a good healthy flock is a good start, so be careful in deciding who to buy from and go from there. Paypal is great because payment can be made immediately and eggs can be shipped immediately to ensure freshness. Some take checks and money orders to reserve future orders from people. I do this as well because many people don't trust using online payment sources, which is fine.

The convenience of having eggs shipped is that you can get breeds you can't typically get otherwise. Or you can get eggs from other breeders to add new blood to your flock and so on. I hope you have success in finding someone up there. Hatching can be a lot of fun when things go well. Good luck to you.

Jody

9. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    Quote:Very true, I haven't gotten anything to hatch out of shipped eggs so far (fingers crossed for my Dipsy eggs due next Monday), and I have spent a lot of money from a lot of different people. But the POSSIBILITY is exciting lol
    I do not blame the sellers, they can't control what happens after the package leaves their possession. I think my post office is run my demonic gremlins (in the back) that shake my packages before they give them to me. LOL

I have had a lot of fun hatching my own eggs (when the darn things will lay) and that keeps me going [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by