Hatching egg won't be still

tsbonin

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jun 26, 2010
Vivian
Help! First batch of eggs I've hatched. Started the 3 day don't turn today and one has already pipped and one is rocking all over the place. Also having hard time raising humidity. Have plenty water plus humidifier going. Temp is alright. Just don't know how else to raise humidity level (at around 48-50%). Mostly worried about this rocking chick. It's going to wear out before pipping at this rate. Any ideas or is this normal?

Quote:
Do you have any new sponges it so soak those w hot water and place in bator If u do not have sponges

Wet paper toels will also work!! Hope this helps let me know!!!

Thanks for the humidity advice. I will try that now. Just checked eggs and the one is still just rocking back and forth without pipping. The one that pipped already has made a larger hole. This new chicken momma stuff is for the birds. After everything I've studied I still know little to nothing now that the moment has arrived. lol.

LOL I am the same way pretty much I have one pipping that started about 1:30 under a broody! i would leave the one rocking one alone I am sure he is just trying to figure out where to start! LOL I dont know at what point I would help though maybe sumone else does!

big_smile.png
-I can't believe I already have a baby chick! This little one hatched quick and seems strong. Humidity went up then fell again. I give. I don't dare open the box again. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Well you are doin better than me my baby still working LOL and peeping away! If one already hatched and didnt have any trouble I believe I would let well enough alone ! like you said the only humidity mine are getting is off my broody and I dont think that is much! just enough to keep them from drying out ! LOL I can see enough to tell this baby is black with black on its beak!! Good LUCK!!!
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
And congrats on 1st baby!!
thumbsup.gif
ya.gif

Great job! The hardest advice I had to follow was to leave them alone! I still get the urge to help...sometimes I do.
idunno.gif
As long as there IS humidity, they should be okay. I have a hydrometer in mine, and like to keep it around 40 - 50 %. You will figure out what works best for you. And of course the more you do this, the easier it gets. Post pics.

Back
Top Bottom