Hatching Eggs Arrived today.......

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by OkChickens, Jun 22, 2011.

1. OkChickens

OkChickens Orpingtons Are Us

Dec 1, 2010
    Owasso, Oklahoma
    Well 2 days ago I ordered 20+ Barred Rock eggs off of Ebay. I received 24 eggs this morning and I was very pleased of how they were packaged.

Received the Package
    [​IMG]

Opening the Package
    [​IMG]

Seeing the Cartons and was afraid to open
    [​IMG]

The Cartons were taped shut to keep the eggs in.
    [​IMG]

Opening the Cartons!
    [​IMG]

No Eggs were damaged!!!!!!!!
    [​IMG]

I am very satisfied to the way they were packaged. They used table napkins under each egg to reduce movement during shipment! A+ to the seller!

Nate

2. LuvMyBLR

LuvMyBLR Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2010
    New Boston, NH
    That's brilliant! Have a wonderful hatch! Who was it, and do they have other breeds do you know? [​IMG] (like if you saw other eggs they were selling)

Also, I love how it says live animals instead of just "fragile", which mean "play catch" in PO language!

Last edited: Jun 22, 2011
  3. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    I have started shipping all 'big' eggs in cartons just like that, they seem to handle the trip much better IMO.

4. OkChickens

OkChickens Orpingtons Are Us

Dec 1, 2010
    Owasso, Oklahoma
    julie3810 with Gabbard Farms in West Fork Arkansas. She shipped the next morning and received around 24 hours later.

Nate

5. Stingrayg4

Stingrayg4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    Oklahoma
    Greetings fellow Okie! Glad you had such good luck with shipping time. I ordered some from a different place in Arkansas recently. They were very well packaged but took over a week to arrive. Only 5 out of 15 hatched and of those two were deformed (one of the deformed ones died, the other is doing fine now) and one of them wasn't even the breed that I ordered. Put me off having eggs shipped for good.

Good luck with your hatch!

-S

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by