1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hatching eggs available

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by wclawrence, Dec 31, 2007.

1. wclawrence

wclawrence Chillin' With My Peeps

Longtails, Longcrowers, and crosses including one or the other or both.
    Eggs are $15/dozen, plus shipping (two dozen usually cost about $12 to ship)

Birds are fed well, with vitamins added to water at least once a week. I have had very good fertility so far this year with these birds, and have more chicks right now than I need.

Feel free to ask any questions.

----------------------------------------------------------
    The Rosecomb Phoenix rooster is with three of his daughters (their mothers were not related to each other or him) and a Yokohama x Game cross.
    [​IMG]

-----------------------------------------------------------
    Junior has one copy of FM, as do two of his hens. One (Silkie/Black rosecomb) X Sumatra cross and one Asil/Silkie cross. He also has a fayoumi and a very nice chinagame.
    [​IMG]
    Chinagame hen is in that pic.
    I will try to get a better picture of him...sorry about that.

Star has his mom and sister (eeeewwwww!) and a Phoenix/Game cross(that is her head in the pic.)
    [​IMG]

The Denizli has a Sumatra and a Yokohama x Game cross, as well as a few pure Longcrower hens.
    [​IMG]

----------------------------------------------------------
    The Dun Gold rooster is in with this Blue Red hen.
    These eggs are going to be thrown in (well, carefully placed in) as free extras if she is continues to lay.
    [​IMG]

Eggs are individually bubble-wrapped and packaged with care in a cooler when I can find one.
    I have some eggs going to mergmet soon, after that nothing is booked! So act now to get eggs, and have adult birds by July!!!

2. cherndon712

cherndon712 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2008
    WY
    I would love hatching eggs! Which breeds do you have?

3. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    [​IMG]

4. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    Star could almost pass for a cubalaya! [​IMG] They're all good looking birds!

5. cherndon712

Jan 1, 2008
    WY
    Tomaru Ohiki Phoenix Yokohama Denizli and they all come in different varieties/colors, molting/non molting, etc.

This should confuse you less...

http://www.longtail-fowl.com/

6. cherndon712

Jan 1, 2008
    WY
    I LOVE the longtails, originating from Japan/UK/Germany!

7. Cuban Longtails

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    Quote:I'm disappointed, Cubalaya aren't mentioned. I guess because their tails aren't long enough?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2008
  8. cherndon712

Jan 1, 2008
    WY
  9. Cuban Longtails

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    No, they orginated in Cuba but are sprinkled around here in the States as well. They're listed as a heritage breed with the American Livestock Breed Conservancy. However, to show they're classified as an Oriental breed. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by